The purpose of the CIA (Collaborative Investigation and Analysis) is to orient students to specific skills and learning opportunities in a proactive manner ensuring all students can achieve success through academic career and personal/social development experiences. The Collaborative Investigation and Analysis program targets four main areas of development
1. Student academic analysis.
2. Monitoring and guidance.
3. Proactive participation of Parent and school.
4. R&D on development of student.
Guidance and good quality education go hand in hand they are the the two sides of the same coin. Branded schools do not guarantee good education and a good education does not guarantee good job.
Good education with proper guidance channelizes the student energy towards positive field of interests, combination of both provides him better opportunities in life.
The Collaborative Investigation And Analysis Program Will:
1.Address the needs of all students.
2. Be an integral part of the instructional program and total educational experience.
3. Include structured activities based upon the needs of each student developmental and remedial services.
4. Provide accountability and continuous improvement through annual review of student progress and program.
5. Include appropriate professional development for all staff to maintain a quality program.
6. Depend upon the support and collaboration of administrators teachers and other school personnel student parents and the community
7. Be coordinated by licensed school counselors.
There are many benefits of a Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program for the entire community including students parents and teachers.
The benefits to students include:
1. Students are made aware of the challenges of the future.
2. Students are taught the skills for a lifetime of learning career self management and social interaction.
3. Students analysis programs are related to next steps and future success.
4. Students knowledge of our changing world is broadened.
5. Students career exploration and planning is facilitated
The benefits to parents include:
1. Parents are made aware of their childrens academic strength and weakness.
2. Parents can participate in planning and development of their child.
3. Parents are provided with support in advocating for their childs academic career and personal development.
4. There are increased opportunities for parent/school interaction.
5. Parents are made aware of their childs orientation
The benefits to teachers include:
1. The academic success of each student is supported.
2. Teachers guidance role is clearly defined.
3. An interdisciplinary team effort is provided to address student needs and educational goals.
4. Consultation is provided to assist teachers in their guidance role.
5. Teachers get a better view of students progress.
The benefit to school counselors include:
1. Provision of program content to each student is ensured.
2. The role of the school counselor as a student advocate is enhanced.
3. A clearly defined role and function is provided.
4. Critical counseling functions are focused on.
5. A tool for program management and accountability is provided.
6. The academic mission of the school is ensured.
The benefits to administrators include:
1. CIA vision is integrated with the academic mission of the school.
2. Program structure is provided with specific content.
3. The school counselors role is defined through enhancing learning and development for each student.
4. A means of evaluating school guidance and counseling programs is provided.
Benefits for business and industry include:
1.A future workforce with decision-making skills pre-employment skills increased worker maturity and a career self-management skill is provided.
2.There are increased opportunities for business and industry to participate actively in the total CIA programme.
3.An increased opportunity for collaboration among counselors business and industry and communities is provided.